Elizabeth Warren delivered a fact-filled but unambiguous and impassioned address on the Senate floor this past Thursday. In it, she laid out some very fundamental facts, the most important of which is this: Herr Drumpfenfuhrer – in his very first seven days of being called president elect – has done precisely the opposite of what he promised to do during much of his campaign: “drain the swamp” (of lobbyists, “Washington insiders and “special interests”).
Instead of draining the swamp and the monsters that dwell in it, she names names of the slimy critters that he has welcomed into the front door of his administration, monsters who had in fact crawled into the swamp via a giant leak in a nearby sewer pipe:
- The man in charge of staffing the Federal Communications Commission (FCC): a person who was on Verison’s payroll and has promised to gut Net Neutrality rules.
- The person in charge of staffing the team that will define our country’s energy policies: a man who IS a lobbyist for the gas and oil industry.
- The person in charge of staffing Herr D’s department of agriculture: a man who IS a veteran lobbyist for the food and agricultural industry.
- The person in charge of leading the transition team for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): a man who has worked for the oil industry and who, like Herr D, believes that catastrophic global atmospheric change is nothing but a cruel hoax.
- The person in charge of heading up the transition team for the Social Security Administration: a man who has spent his life working to privatize Social Security and Medicare.
- The person in charge of staffing for economic matters: a man who had close ties to Bear Sterns, an investment banking firm that played a major role in the 2008 economic collapse, a man who now works for a lobbying firm whose sole mission is to serve the interests of Wall Street clients.
And if all of this wasn’t egregious enough, before he made all of these disgusting appointments he welcomed into his close circle of advisers and proposed cabinet members men who have established public records as racists, sexists, misogynists, homophobes, hatemongers, and worse.
Getting a better sense of where this is all headed?
Elizabeth Warren should be awarded a medal in courage for her address to the Senate and it should inspire all reasonably-thinking people to denounce what this idiot is doing in the strongest of terms. (I have the distinct feeling that we’ll all begin to see this happening on the day of his inauguration.)
Join the resistance. Make your voice heard. Don’t allow this maniac to advance one step further without taking a stand against this insanity; when this crew is finished we won’t be allowed to ask, “what the hell just happened?”
Click the link. Watch the video below. Get inspired. Share it with friends, family and neighbors. Speak up, before it’s way too late to say or do anything. The alarm bells have sounded, they’re now ringing loud and clear, clear enough for everyone to hear.
In the immortal words of Martin Niemoller:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.