Where: First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh in Shadyside (Corner of Morewood and Ellsworth, 605 Morewood Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213)
When: 6:30 TODAY
Please forward to the men you love!
Top 10 reasons men should come to this training:
1. This is an intentional men only – transmen welcome space. A space for you to talk about sexism and feminism, a rare thing in Pittsburgh!
2. You have moms, sisters, daughters, girlfriends, partners, grandmothers, wives, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, clients, granddaughters, aunts, and nieces.
3. You don’t have to speak if you don’t want to. Participate as much as you feel comfortable with.
4. Just like only YOU can prevent forest fires – ONLY men can really take down the patriarchy. You have to stop participating in it. If you are not fighting against it you are complacent in it.
5. This isn’t a space where you are going to be “yelled” at. It is a place of love and learning.
6. Unlearning sexism is liberating for men.
Chris Crass, a longtime community organizer, educator, and writer, is doing a speaking series in Pittsburgh. Several local organizations and university groups are working to bring Chris here. So far, WWHAT’S UP!?, Three Rivers Village School, The Big Idea Book Store, Yellow Bridge Childcare Collective, Unitarian Universalists, and Pitt’s Women’s Studies Department are sponsoring this event. Find more about Chris at http://chrisscrasspit….
Feminist Vision & Activism for Men
Feminism is a vision of a better world for all of us. The violence of sexism impacts our families, communities, social justice movements, and society. This is a workshop for men who want to explore what feminism means for their lives and social justice efforts, in a supportive, encouraging space. This is an opportunity for men to talk openly about challenges that hold us back challenging sexism and to develop tools to help us be more effective feminists working for equality and liberation for all.
RSVP to Ben Fiorillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, October 10 at 6:30 PM